Privacy - Winning Eagar
Winning Eagar is committed to making certain that your personal information is handled responsibly, and in accordance with relevant Privacy legislation.
collecting your personal information
This Policy applies to all personal information collected by any means. While it is Winning Eagar’s usual practice to collect personal information directly from you, we may also collect information from you through your use of the Winning Eagar website.
Additionally, there may be times when Winning Eagar will source personal information from an external third party. If Winning Eagar does source information from a third party, then this will not be initiated until we have gained your consent to do so.
use of personal information
Your personal information is collected in order to assist Winning Eagar carry out its services to organisations and individuals. Winning Eagar collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To aid you in finding work or develop further in your organisation;
- To assist you in career performance or management;
- To initiate surveys for work force planning, diagnoses and development;
- To facilitate psychometric testing for development and likely role suitability; or
- To provide third parties, such as recruitment agencies, with evaluative information so as to add further robustness to their services.
Generally, the personal information Winning Eagar collects about you may include your name, psychometric test data, career history, email address, telephone numbers, resume, or other information pertaining to your career.
As Registered Psychologists, Winning Eagar is committed to ensuring that our services are ethical; that any interaction with, or information held about, individuals and organisations is up to date and in line with the policy, recommendations and legislation administered by the NZ Psychologists Board. We therefore abide by the Code of Ethics for Psychologists Working in Aotearoa/New Zealand, 2002, and are bound by the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003.
In line with the Code of Ethics for Psychologists Working in New Zealand, Winning Eagar will not disclose personal information without the consent of the individual or group, except in the following circumstances:
- Where an individual is judged incapable and is unable to provide consent. In this case, consent will be sought from those legally authorised to represent the individual;
- Where there is an emergency and it is impossible or improbable to gain a person’s consent to realistically prevent harm to the individual or another person;
- Where there is a legal requirement due to a change in an Act of Parliament or an order from a court of law; or
- Where consent has not been provided, but it is deemed that non disclosure could result in harm to the individual or to another person.
- use of information by third parties
Due to the nature of the services provided by Winning Eagar, we may use and disclose your personal information to third parties. When this occurs, it will be for the purposes it was collected, or for a related purpose such as when we are able to use your recent psychometric test data for a subsequent job role that you may apply for with one of our clients. Consent will be sought from you prior to any disclosure of your personal information to third parties for these related purposes. Winning Eagar may disclose your personal information to third parties, including but not limited to:
- Winning Eagar’s related entities;
- Your prospective employer; whether you are applying for a full time, part time, temporary or contract position, or are looking at buying into a franchise business;
- Suppliers or service providers, which include organisations that provide psychometric test licensing, facilities and supplies to Winning Eagar, or who conduct psychometric testing on behalf of Winning Eagar;
- Your nominated colleagues or referees;
- Recruitment agencies that contract Winning Eagar for the provision of psychometric testing; or
- Any enforcement body if directed so by law.
When Winning Eagar discloses personal information to any third party, we request that these parties protect such personal information in the same way that Winning Eagar does.
psychometric test reports
The psychometric test report that Winning Eagar produces and which is subsequently provided to the organisation and recruiter for selection purposes is considered to be ”evaluative material” and is therefore not accessible to you under section 29(3) of the Privacy Act (1993). However, you are always entitled to receive feedback on your psychometric test results and this will generally be provided to you verbally.
Winning Eagar takes precautionary steps to protect all personal information held from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. Any hard copy personal information held by Winning Eagar is held under lock and key. Any electronic personal information held by Winning Eagar is password protected and held on the Winning Eagar IT system.
information collected on the winning eagar website
Visitors to Winning Eagar’s website will have some of their information collectively gathered. This includes the areas of the site that have been most frequently visited, the general locations of those who visit the site and the length of time users have spent in the different areas of the site. Winning Eagar will only use such data anonymously and this information will be used to optimise the services Winning Eagar provides to its users. At times, Winning Eagar may also collect personal information through online forms which users choose to fill out. This information will be treated in the same manner as other personal information as already stipulated in this Policy.
information submitted to the winning eagar website
Any information submitted to the Winning Eagar website becomes the property of Winning Eagar and may be used for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further follow up on requests or feedback on the site.
alterations to this policy
Winning Eagar may from time to time make changes to this Policy. This Policy will be amended to reflect any alterations that are made.